This delicious lemon and lime ginger crunch is easy to make in just a few simple steps.It is easy to bake as there is no-bake involved and only takes fifteen minutes to prepare from start to finish – perfect for an emergency dessert! The citrus contrasts between the lemon and lime flavours is delicious against the crunchy texture, provided by the addition of gingernut biscuits.
- 250g (8oz) gingernuts
- 125g (4oz) butter, melted
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 397g can condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 20cm (8in) loose-based sandwich tin, buttered
- If you fancy making a traditional lemon tart, use our classic recipe
- Put the biscuits in a polybag and crush them with a rolling pin — evenly but not too finely. Mix them into the melted butter. Press 200g (7oz) of the mixture — just over half of it — into the base of the tin. Chill.
- Whip the cream in a bowl and stir in the condensed milk, lemon and lime zest and 10-12 tablespoons juice. Spoon the lemon-and-lime juice mixture over the biscuit base, smooth the top and sprinkle with the rest of the biscuit mixture. Chill overnight until set firm.
- Take out of the tin and slice for serving.