This powdered sugar cookie recipe is made with powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, an egg, vanilla extract and … wait for it … sprinkles! How fun!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- large pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, for rolling
- Whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the sprinkles. (You could sprinkle them on top instead of folding them into the batter.)
- Put the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar into a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons) and then roll in the granulated sugar. Put them onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until just set. Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to cool completely.