- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups oat milk
- ¾ cup raw cashews or sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Bring the oats and ⅔ cup oat milk to a light boil in a small saucepan over medium.
- When they are lightly boiling, lower the heat to simmer for 7-8 minutes, or until the oats are soft. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- To a high-speed blender, add the rest of the oat milk, soaked cashews or sunflower seeds, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Add the cooled oats, then blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a loaf pan, cover, and freeze for about 5 hours or overnight. For a creamier consistency, stir the mixture every 30-60 minutes, scraping down the sides.
- Once the ice cream is set, serve immediately with garnishes like extra pumpkin seeds or vegan caramel sauce. If it is very frozen, let the ice cream thaw for 5-10 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!