A soft and moist milk bread with a gentle milk flavor.The characteristic thorns can be easily shaped using scissors.
- Strong flour 200g
- Sugar 10g
- Instant dry yeast 4g
- Salt 4g
- Milk 140g
- Unsalted butter 20g
- Add everything from strong flour to milk in a bowl, mix and knead.
- Once the flour is gone, turn it out onto a table and knead it.
- Once smooth, add unsalted butter and knead further.
- After checking that the dough is well-kneaded (check for gluten – roll out a part of the dough and check if it stretches thinly), roll it into a ball, place it in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise for the first time in a warm place.
- Fermentation is complete when it doubles in size.
- Divide into 8 equal parts, roll into balls, cover with a damp cloth, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Form into a sea cucumber shape, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, spray with water, and let rise for a second time.
- Crush the dough (degassing), stretch it into an oval shape, fold the top and bottom of the long sides toward the center, meet in the middle so that the surface of the dough is stretched, and tie tightly.
- When it becomes fluffy, fermentation is complete.
- Brush with beaten egg and make cuts with scissors so that the peaks will stand up.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190℃ for 13 minutes.Please adjust the temperature and baking time depending on your oven.