This chocolate covered strawberry smoothie combines strawberries, banana, dates and cocoa powder for a healthy smoothie that tastes like decadent treat.
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (chopped into chunks)
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4–5 cubes of ice
- 2 drops of stevia to sweeten (optional)
- Place strawberries, banana, protein powder, cacao powder, almond milk, dates, vanilla and blend until fruit is pureed.
- Add ice and blend until smooth. Taste and add stevia if needed.