You are going to love this creamy vegan hot chocolate!
- 4 cups thick non-dairy milk [vanilla flavor preferred]
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional: vegan whipped cream for topping, shaved chocolate shards for topping, vegan marshmallows for topping
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, pour in all of your ingredients. You want to ensure that the heat isn’t too high when melting chocolate chips or else they may burn.
- Whisk constantly until the vegan hot chocolate mixture starts to bubble.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low heat and continue to whisk while the vegan hot cocoa mixture simmers. Whisk until the chocolate chips and granulated sugar are melted and well incorporated.
- Remove the hot chocolate from the heat and pour carefully into your 2 large mugs or 4 small mugs. Top with whatever you desire such as vegan whipped cream, vegan marshmallows, chocolate shavings, chocolate drizzle and more!