Brighten up winter happy hour or Sunday brunch with this citrusy cocktail. Leafy carrot tops lend an herby backbone similar to parsley, and blood oranges infuse a berrylike sweetness. Plus, this drink boasts half your daily vitamin A and more than a third of your daily vitamin C goal.
- 2 teaspoons carrot top leaves
- 1 (2-in.) blood orange rind strip
- 1/2 cup 100% carrot juice
- 1/3 cup fresh blood orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: blood orange slice and carrot top leaves
- Muddle 2 teaspoons carrot top leaves and 1 blood orange rind strip in a cocktail shaker using the handle of a wooden spoon. Add 100% carrot juice, fresh blood orange juice, fresh lime juice, vodka, triple sec, and a handful of ice cubes to shaker; shake well for 15 seconds. Pour mixture through strainer into 2 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with a blood orange slice and carrot top leaves, if desired.