This Yellow Butter Cake is so soft, sweet with a buttery and velvety texture and a tender crumb.. This cake gets its delicately rich flavor and yellow color from using egg yolks only to make the batter. It is also pretty easy and quick to prepare.
- 3 cups (300 grams) sifted cake flour
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 large egg yolks (110 grams)
- 1-1/3 cups (265 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk (full fat or reduced-fat)
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a cake pan or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or in a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer) beat the butter for about 2 minutes until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks, in two batches, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Then add in the vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add in the flour mixture, in three batches, and milk in two additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in center.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing the cake from the pan to a wire rack to cool off completely.
- You can choose a topping of your liking like chocolate frosting, buttercream etc or enjoy plain.
- Serve and enjoy.