Honey cupcake is a tender, delicately flavored honey cupcakes made from scratch, with wildflower honey. These honey cupcakes are extra special because you get a double pop of honey in both the cake and frosting. You can add some sugar sprinkles on top and you’ve got a vibrant sweet that is perfect for those bright summer days. Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pop all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix those ingredients on low speed until everything is well combined. Add softened butter and mix that until it reaches a crumbly sound like texture. In a different jar, add milk along with oil, eggs, greek yogurt, and honey then give that a good mix.
Pour the wet ingredient slowly to the dry ingredients then beat that on low speed, scraping down the bowl and mixing until everything is well incorporated. Once you are done, line your cupcake tins with cupcake liners then fil that to three-quarters full. Bake your honey cupcakes for 254 to 30 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack. For an extra flavor, you can make honey joys by adding butter, honey and sugar in a bowl then microwave that for 30 seconds until the butter is melted. Give it a good stir then add that into a large mixing bowl alongside corn flakes, Now, you want to mix that until they are well coated with honey butter mixture. Transfer the honey fry mixture over to a baking tray lined with a parchment paper then bake that for 20 minutes on a 200 degrees oven just until they get nice and golden brown.
Once they cool down, transfer them into a food processor and cush that to a fine powder. Add some of that to some buttercream frosting and mix it really well. Once your cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost a bulb on top of the cupcakes then coat the frosting in that crushed honey to a mixture then finish that with some shards of honey on top.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- A ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix together wet ingredients: buttermilk, honey, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, alternating starting and ending with dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using ice cream scoop fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake, comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.