This is a moist and fragrant orange pound cake. If you are looking for a cake to eat with tea, this should be the one.
- 1¾ (265g/ 9.3Oz) cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ sticks (2/3 cup/141g/ 4.9Oz) butter (softened)
- ¾ cup (165g/ 5.8Oz) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- 3 oz (90ml) orange juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- Grease and flour on a large or an 8-in x 4-in loaf pan then preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined then add half the flour mixture, half of the milk, and half of the orange juice.
- Beat on low speed. Then add the remaining flour mixture, milk, and orange juice. Continue to beat until combined then fold in orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pans then bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on a wire rack.
- You can serve the cake plain as it is or glazes it then serve with a cup of tea.