This takes two soft chewy peanut butter cookies and then sandwich them together with a chocolate peanut butter cream cheese filling. Doesn’t that sound good.? These cookies are sweet and the chocolate peanut butter cream cheese is really nice, it plays off really well with the flavor and the texture of the cookie, so try them.
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (185 grams) peanut butter
- 1 large egg (50 grams), at room temperature
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and vanilla extract and beat until well mixed. Beat in the peanut butter. Scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and beat to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped peanuts or chocolate chips, if using. (If the batter is too soft to form into balls, place in the refrigerator for about a 30-60 minutes or until firm.)
- Roll the batter into 2 inches (5 cm) round balls (35 grams for each cookie).
- Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet, spacing several inches (10 cm) apart. Flatten the cookies into 2 1/2 inch (6.5 cm) rounds using the bottom of a glass.
- Using the tines of the fork or spoon that has been dipped in granulated white sugar, make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 – 13 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges but still soft in the center.
- Rotate your baking sheet front to back about halfway through baking. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- It can be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container, for about 3 to 5 days, or they can be frozen.