This is a holiday shortbread cookies made with coconuts, it is a quick and easy cookie to make that your family is going to love.
- Unsalted butter 100g
- Powdered sugar 50~55g
- Two egg yolks
- Egg white 15g
- Cake flour 110g
- Almond meal 20g
- Desiccated coconut 75g
- 1/2tsp of vanilla extract
- Baking powder 2g
- You will start by separating two eggs from the yolks then in the small bowl with the egg yolks, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk it in to break the yolks and mix it with the vanilla then set that aside. In a mixing bowl, add 100 grams of softened butter and to that add powdered sugar then cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks mixture in three additions and beat it in the butter. Beat until it is fluffy and light. Add 75 grams of desiccated coconuts and fold it in with a spatula until the coconuts are well blended in. Sift in cake flour and almond flour and mix in the butter mixture until it looks like a dough and all the dry ingredients are well mixed in.
- Divide the dough into two then keep them in the fridge for a while so it won’t be too sticky when making the cookies afterwards. Take the first half of the dough and roll it into a log shape, make sure it’s round and smooth, wrap it in a parchment paper then place the cookie dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove it from the fridge and cut the cookies into slices of 8mm thick and dip the cut cookies in desiccated coconut to coat the cookies all round then line them in a parchment-lined baking tray. Pop the cookies in 340 degrees Fahrenheit oven and bake the cookies for 15 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Bring the other half cookie dough and roll it into a log then press the sides to form it into a triangle shape then set it in the fridge for a while to harden then cut it into slices. Coat the triangle cookies with desiccated coconut then place in the baking tray and bake the cookies for 15 to 16 minutes. These cookies will bake perfectly to a golden brown. Serve them with a cup of milk and enjoy.