Soft and sweet milk bread made with coconuts and topped with shredded coconuts. This is the kind of bread you want to wake up in the morning to. It is soft, easy to make at home and this will be your family’s favourite bread.
- Bread flour 350g(12.3Oz) /2cup
- Caster sugar 20g(0.7Oz) / 3Tbsp
- Sea salt 2.5g / 1/2tsp
- Instant yeast 4g / 1 heaped tsp
- 200ml Coconut milk
- 45ml Water
- 30ml Coconut oil
- Unsweetened shredded coconut as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, add 350 grams of bread flour and to that add caster sugar, salt and instant yeast then mix to combine the other ingredients in the flour. Add 200 ml of coconut milk together with 45 ml of water and 30 ml of coconut oil then mix everything to form the dough and once everything comes together.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes. Place the dough on your work surface and start kneading the dough with your hands stretching it and rolling it when kneading until you have a smooth dough. If you have a stand mixer you can use it to knead the dough with the hook attachment. Round the dough and place it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and let the dough proof for 60 minutes or until it is doubled in size.
- Once proofed, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and lightly knead the dough to get rid of excess air in dough from the proofing process. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and lightly knead then roll each dough into a round shape then cover with a cloth and let them sit for 15 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough into an oven shape then fold the dough from one side to the other end then make about 6 cuts halfway into the dough and place the dough into the baking moulds. You will need 2 Oval shape baking mould that is lightly greased. Place the prepared dough in their pans and cover them then let them proof for another 60 minutes at room temparature until the dough doubles in size.
- Brush the top of the proofed bread dough with milk and sprinkle the top with unsweetened shredded coconuts then bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven (180C) for 17 to 20 minutes. Invert the bread on a wire rack to cool before serving it with your favourite spreading.