This golden yellow cake is an outstanding cake that you can serve your family or visitors. It is very delicious, soft and easy to bake.
- 1 cup (250 ml)milk
- 3/4 cup (170 gm) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (210 gm)plain flour
- (1/2 cup (65 gm)vanilla custard powder or cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100 gm) butter
- Prepare a 7 inch round cake tin by greasing it well with oil or butter and lightly dusting it with plain flour. Tap to remove excess flour from the surface of the pan. Alternatively, grease the pan and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk. Stir in the sugar and after it melts completely set it aside to cool to room temperature. After the milk reaches room temperature, add the custard powder and vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk. Add in the butter and mix again.
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade/325 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, assemble the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix with a whisk. Pour in the prepared milk mixture and mix well with a whisk until there are no lumps. Alternatively use an electric hand mixer/beater.
- Put the batter into the prepared pan/tin and bake for 55 minutes to 60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake could own completely before icing with vanilla icing or any buttercream of your choice. Enjoy
- If using cornstarch instead of custard powder add a pinch of yellow colour and additional vanilla extract.