These are super soft potato buns that are egg-free, milk-free, and butter-free. It is super healthy and a very easy recipe to make, super soft, and a little sweet. Slice two peeled potatoes, to make the bread, you only need one potato, place the sliced potatoes on a plate then use cold water in the steamer and steam on high heat for 15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- 300g (2 cups) all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 100g (2/5 cups) Mashed potato
- 25g White sugar
- 3g dry yeast
- Salt 3g
- 180ml-200ml Water
- 30g oil
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil for brushing
- Place the soft sliced potatoes in a large bowl and start to mash them with a for or potato masher tool.
- In a large bowl, add about 100 grams of the mashed potatoes and a little bit of water at a time and mix then add the remaining water. If it’s your first time making, this recipe, I recommend that you don’t add all the water to make it easier to make. When you pour the water, leave 20 ml in the cup just in case. To the water and the mashed potato, add 3 grams of dry yeast, 25 grams of white sugar then mix them well and set them aside for about 5 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Add 30 grams of oil, 3g of salt, and the flour then using a spatula, start mixing them until there is no dry flour in the bowl, and you end up with a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rise for about one hour at room temperature until it doubles in size. Lightly flour your work surface then place the dough on it and deflate the dough then shape it with your hands and divide the dough into the pieces that you want.
- If you want your buns to be bigger, you can divide the dough into 6 to 8 pieces but if you want them to be small you can divide them into as many pieces as you want them to be. Take one piece of your hand and use your hand to fold the dough towards the middle the ontop the surface with no flour, roll the dough into a round shape using your palm.
- LIne the dough in a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper then let the buns rise for an additional 30 minutes. Once risen, spray the top of the buns with water then sprinkle the top with sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 200C/392F for 15 minutes. Once baked, brush the top with olive oil then let them cool on a wire rack and serve. These potatoes buns are very springy, soft on the inside, and the outside. It’s very delicious.