The super-soft butter cake is so easy to make with a few basic ingredients that can be found in your pantry.
- 1½ cups(190 grams) plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ baking powder
- ½ cup of milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup(113 grams) of butter softened
- 1 cup(200 grams) caster sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit then sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl then set aside.
- Also, combine milk and vanilla extract then set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter until light then adds sugar gradually and continue to cream until very fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time while beating the mixture after each addition until you get a pale color.
- Add the dry sifted ingredients into the butter mixture alternating with the milk mixture until you get a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Alternatively, you can add lemon zest if you want the lemon tang in your cake at this point.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake the cake in a preheated 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the center of the cake is set.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for ten minutes before removing from the pan and serving it.