If there is one thing I love is food disguise as other foods such as burgers that are made out of cake and this recipe is going to show you how to make shortbread into doughnuts.
- 300g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250g unsalted butter, cold and chopped into cubes
- Vanilla extract
- 200g icing sugar sifted
- 10g powdered egg white
- 4 tbsp water
- Food Colouring
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, and almond extract, mix well.
- Add flour. baking powder, and salt and mix until the dough come together into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut circles with 3-inch cookie cutters. Then cut out the center with a 1/2″ to 3/4″ inch circle cutter.
- Bake in a preheated 25° oven for about 30 minutes.
- The easiest way to put buttercream, Nutella, and cookie glaze in piping bags. Pipe a ring of frosting or Nutella on the bottom of a cookie, then top with another cookie.
- Pipe cookie glazes over in a squiggle and sprinkles with sprinkles.