So fluffy and irresistible, this recipe is a must-try!
- 300g (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour;
- 40g (3 1/4 tbsp) sugar;
- 2g (½ tsp) salt;
- 7g (1 ½ tsp) dry yeast;
- 1 egg;
- 140ml (⅝ cup) warm milk;
- 40g (2 tbsp) cream cheese;
- 30g (2 tbsp) butter;
- 300g (2 cups) custard.
- Whisk warm milk, sugar, yeast, egg, and cream cheese.Add flour and salt. Knead the dough until smooth.
- Knead soft butter into the dough and set it aside for 2 hours, or until double size.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Flatten each ball of dough and place a spoonful of custard inside. Pinch the edges together.
- Set the balls aside for 30 minutes.
- Roll each ball out slightly and place it into the round baking pan overlapping.
- Set aside for 1 hour, then bake at 160°C/320°F for 30 minutes. Brush with butter before serving.