This pullman bread recipe will help you make soft and fluffy sandwich bread with soft crust in five simple steps.
- 500 g Flour
- 315 ml Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant Yeast Active
- 1 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 56 g Butter
- Into a bowl,add in all the ingredients and combine everything together to for a shaggy mass of dough.
- Add lukewarm water,sugar,salt,yeast,butter,and flour.
- Combine everything together and transfer this onto a clean work surface.
- Knead the dough until you get a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in volume.
- When the dough is double in volume transfer this on to a lightly floured surface.
- Shape it into a rectangle and roll it like a jelly roll.
- Pinch the seams together.
- Place into a buttered Pullman loaf pan seam side down.
- Cover loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in a warm place for about 45 -50 minutes until almost 1 inch from the top rim of the loaf pan.Once you see your dough is almost halfway up the sides – start preheating the oven.
- Cover the loaf pan with its lid.
- Place the loaf pan on the middle rack in the preheated oven.
- Bake @375 F for about 35 -40 minutes.
- The bread is done – when you tap the bottom of your loaf and you will hear a hollow sound.
- Open the lid and let it sit in the pan itself for 2-3 minutes and then let it finish cooling on a wire rack.Enjoy!