This no-bake salted caramel cheesecake is creamy, rich and decadent but also incredibly easy to make. Top it with any biscuits of your choice, lotus biscuits or Oreo cookies.
- 1 Cup | 200g Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons | 30ml Water
- ½ Cup | 125ml Cream
- 3 Tablespoons | 42g Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 9oz | 250g Digestive Biscuits or Grahm Crackers
- 1 Stick | ½ Cup | 110g Butter
- 1⅔ Cup | 400ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- 9oz | 250g Cream Cheese
- ⅓ Cup | 40g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- About 6 to 8 biscuits for topping
- To make the salted caramel sauce measure out the sugar and water into a medium-sized saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook the sugar for 8-10 minutes until it has become a deep amber shade.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the cream. The sauce will bubble up but continue to stir until the cream is evenly combined. Add in the butter and mix until combined. Add the salt slowly, tasting before adding more.
- Leave the caramel to cool slightly before placing into an airtight container or jar and placing into the fridge.
- For the cheesecake crush the biscuits with a heavy object or use a food processor. Place the biscuits into a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Press the biscuit base into an even layer in a greased and lined 8 inch of 20cm cake pan and place into the fridge.
Whip the cream until soft peaks and set to the side. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and ⅓ Cup of the caramel sauce until smooth. Pour in the softly whipped cream and mix until well combine with a whisk.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the cake pan and use an offset spatula to smooth out the top then line them with any biscuits of your choice. Place back in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the cake pan and pour over ⅓ Cup of the chilled salted caramel sauce and spread to the edges. Sprinkle them with flaky sea salt and place back into the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.