This is a really nice cake, it has a golden-brown crust and it’s rich and buttery with a moist and tender crumb.
- 3 large (150 grams) eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons (40 grams) milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and butter or spray the paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, along with the milk and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, place the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and beat on low speed until well mixed.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to the dry ingredients, along with half of the egg mixture.
- Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about one minute to develop the cake’s structure.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the remaining egg mixture, in two additions, beating well after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake’s structure.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Rotate your loaf pan about halfway through baking.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a lightly buttered wire rack.