These butter cookies have an amazing melt in your mouth consistency that will have you coming back for more.
- 140g (⅔ cup) butter, soft;
- 60g (½ cup) powdered sugar;
- a pinch of salt;
- ½ beaten egg;
- ½ tsp vanilla extract;
- 175g (1 cup+2 tbsp) all-purpose flour;
- 5g (½ tbsp) cornstarch.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- In a medium bowl whip soft butter for 1 minute. Add in powdered sugar and whip for 1 minute more. Add vanilla and egg, and whip until fully incorporated.
- Sift flour, salt, and cornstarch into a bowl of creamy butter. Stir everything with a spatula until smooth.
- Transfer the cookie mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle at the end.
- Pipe cookies onto a parchment sheet as shown in the video.
- Bake for 15 minutes.