These air fryer donuts are made with just 7 ingredients, they are so easy and so delicious. You will need lukewarm milk in a jar that you can microwave for about a minute and to that add two and a half teaspoon of yeast and stir it in then add in a teaspoon of sugar, whisk in it and set it aside.
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm (about 110°F)
- 2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil Spray
- Mix lukewarm milk, 1 tsp of sugar, and yeast and let sit until foamy (5-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons of butter, set aside then whisk 1 egg, set aside.
- In the same bowl as the yeast mixture, add remaining sugar, salt, and egg to the mixture. Blend for a moment and then add melted butter and 2 cups of flour.
- Mix on low speed until combined. Scrape the sides, then turn mixer back on low and add the rest of the flour (1 cup).
- Once the mixture is no longer sticking to the sides, increase speed to medium-low and knead for 5 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic-like.
- Remove dough from hook and then cover and let rise until doubled in size (usually this only takes about 20 minutes if you used instant yeast).
- Prepare a floured surface and pat dough down. Gently roll it out until it’s about a quarter-inch thick. Cut out as many doughnuts as you can. Go for a round cutter that is about 3-inches in diameter. For the centre cut, use a 1-inch diameter cut.
- Set donuts and donut holes on a silicone mat or parchment paper to let doughnuts rise until puffy (about 15-20 minutes)
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350˚and lightly spray Air Fryer basket with your favourite oil spray.
- Gently place donuts into Air Fryer basket in a single layer and spray tops of donuts with your favourite oil and cook at 350˚ until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining donuts and holes.
- Let the donuts cool before glazing with chocolate ganache or vanilla glaze.