These chicken wings are baked in the oven until crispy and then glazed with a sweet and spicy maple sauce. It’s easy to adjust these wings to be more mild or spicy, so they’re a delicious snack everyone will crave!
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Sriracha) per your preference
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Combine 5 tablespoons of the butter, maple syrup, and hot sauce in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Spread prepared chicken wings out on the sheet pan and brush with the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake wings for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush wings with the sauce and bake for 2-3 minutes, then brush again and bake for another 2-3 minutes. If you’d like crispier wings, broil wings on high for an additional 2-3 minutes until slightly charred.
- Sprinkle with chives if desired and serve immediately.