Sugar Donuts – This simple homemade donut dough is made with flour, milk, egg yolks, yeast, and sugar, then the donuts are fried and dredged in sugar. This recipe is easy to make and produces a very indulgent little treat! Make it once and you’ll never use a different recipe for donuts. It’s soo good!
- 300g of Manitoba flour
- 200g of flour 0
- 200g of lukewarm fresh whole milk
- 100g of sugar
- 80g of melted butter, not hot
- 2 large eggs (about 120g total)
- 20g of fresh brewer’s yeast
- 4g of salt
- 1 sachet of vanillin (0.5g)
- Fry oil
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk.
- Then add the eggs, sugar and vanillin.
- Then add the flour, salt and melted butter.
- Mix well until it forms a soft and sticky dough.
- Let it rise for a couple of hours covered with plastic wrap.
- Then roll out the dough and form the donuts, let them rise for 90 minutes.
- Fry them in hot oil and pass them in sugar.