These cakes are super soft and fluffy, perfect for breakfast or served as snacks anytime.
- 125g/ 4.4Oz high gluten flour
- 75g/ 2.6Oz Sugar
- 40g/ 1.4Oz Honey
- 30ml Corn Oil
- 5 Egg
- 30ml Milk
- Start by sifting the flour into a bowl then set it aside. Pour your honey into a small bowl and to that add corn oil/ vegetable oil and milk then place them in the microwave for 20 seconds. By lightly heating in the microwave, it will be easier for the honey, milk and oil to combine. Whisk them then and set them aside.
- Separate 5 eggs whites from the yolks then place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and start whipping the egg whites at high speed. Once it starts to get foamy, add 75 grams of sugar in three additions and whip the whites really well after each addition. Beat until the egg whites reach a stiff peak then adds the egg yolks in the meringue and beat them in.
- Whip from medium to high speed for about 15seconds. Add the sifted flour to the meringue mixture and at this point, you will switch to a spatula and fold the flour in the batter. Once the flour is moistened and you have a smooth batter, scoop some batter into the honey milk mixture and mix it in then pour it back into the bowl with the batter and continue folding everything in.
- Line the muffin liners in the pan and pour the batter into each tin to about three-quarters full. Bake in a preheated 320F/150C oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the center comes out clean or with few moist crumbs.