This easy-to-bake cake is one of the most delicious cakes you will ever eat. The cake is topped with roasted almond slices it is an amazing combination for a sweet and delectable pampering.
- 5 Eggs
- 60ml (4 tbsp) Milk
- 50ml (11 tsp) Cooking oil
- 65g/ 3/4 cup (8 tbsp) Cake flour
- Lemon juice
- 50g/ 1/2 cup (4 tbsp) Sugar
- Sliced Almond
- 60g/ 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) Unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 200ml (0.87 cups) Whipping cream
- 160°C (320°F) bake for 25 minutes
- Start by baking sliced almonds in a baking tray at 180 degrees Celcius for 8 minutes. Once baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool. Separate 5 egg whites from the yolks and place them in different bowls. In the bowl with the yolks, add 4 tablespoons of milk and 50 ml cooking oil then with a hand whisk, mix well until incorporated.
- Sift in cake flour and mix until you have a smooth batter. Bring the bowl with the egg whites and add a few drops of lemon juice and start beating it on medium-high speed. Once it starts to form bubbles, add 50 grams of sugar in three batches and beat well after each addition. Turn the speed to medium-low and beat the meringue until it reaches a medium peak.
- Take a third of the meringue and add it to the egg yolk batter and fold with a spatula. Pour back the batter into the remaining meringue and continue to fold the mixture until smooth and incorporated. Pour the batter into a prepared round or rectangle baking pan and bake at 320F(160C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove it from the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool down. To make the buttercream, add 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a mixing bowl together with a quarter teaspoon of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar then whip with an electric whisk until light and pale. Add 200 ml of whipped cream and continue beating the mixture until the cream is thick.
- Pour it into a piping bag. Slice the cooled cake and squeeze the cream on top of each slice put the other half of the cake on top and press it lightly so that the cream in the middle will be more even. Squeeze more cream on top and use a spatula to flatten it slightly. Sprinkle the previously baked almond slices on top and sides. Slice and enjoy.