Marble cake is one of the best cake ever. With a rich, moist and buttery cake with chocolate swirls, this cake makes every bite worth it. Marble cake is great with a cup of coffee or tea, and you can just eat them any time of the day when you need a quick sweet bite.
- 225g butter softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease a 20cm cake tin and line the bottom with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Simply put 225g butter, 225g caster sugar, 4 eggs, 225g self-raising flour, 3 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp vanilla extract into a food processor and whizz for 1-2 mins until smooth.
- Beat 225g butter and 225g caster sugar together, then add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold through 225g self-raising flour, 3 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Stir 2 tbsp cocoa powder into the mixture in one of the bowls.
- Take 2 spoons and use them to dollop the chocolate and vanilla cake mixes into the tin alternately.
- When all the mixture has been used up, tap the bottom on your work surface to ensure that there aren’t any air bubbles.
- Take a skewer and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the cake for 45-55 mins until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.