These soft and delicious bite-size slider buns are perfect for sliders and small burgers. The mini buns can be prepared by hand, with your stand mixer, or in a bread machine.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp margarine or melted butter
- 2 tbsp butter for brushing
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your mixer. Using the hook attachment, mix everything together on medium-low for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic and the side of the bowl is clean.
- The dough should be a bit sticky but manageable. If the dough is too hard or dry add a bit more water, or if it’s too sticky add more flour.
- Cover the bowl with a clean damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out so that it’s about 1/3 inch in thickness. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut the sliders.
- You should get about 25 sliders from all this dough. Use the leftover dough by kneading it a couple times and rerolling it to a 1/3 inch in thickness.
- Place the cutout sliders onto the prepared baking sheet leaving a little space between them, as they will continue to rise.
- Cover the buns with a damp kitchen towel and let them rest for another 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush the slider buns with melted butter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.