Say hello to the best ginger biscuit recipe ever! It’s easy, tasty and perfect for Christmas. All you need is 5 ingredients and less than 25 minutes to make these amazing ginger nuts. Plus, they’re naturally vegan!
- 2½cups cake flour
- ¾ cup margarine(softened)
- 1 large egg
- ¼cup molasses or honey
- 2tablespoons sugar (to coat)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons ground ginger
- 1tablespoon water
- ¾teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius
- Set 2tablespoons sugar aside (for coating)
- Sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, soda in a bowl
- In a large bowl mix margarine and 1 cup sugar until fluffy and light.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in molasses and water until combined
- Gradually addthe sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture until combined
- Shape dough into 24 balls,roll into sugar (2 tablespoons)until coated
- Place the balls into baking pan,flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown