This German cake is typically flavored with fizzy Fanta.
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 300 gram sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 gram flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cups sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 and ½ Fanta or any other orange soda
- Preheat the oven to approximately 170°C or 340°F.
- Grease the bottom of your pan with some butter or use parchment paper. You can opt for a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. If you want additional flavour, you can also add a bit of orange zest here.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together. Add the oil and Fanta and flour to this mixture.
- Alternate between these wet and dry ingredients, starting with the flour. This technique will allow them to bind together better.
- Ensure that all elements have combined properly, but don’t let the fizz of the soda die out.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for around 22-30 minutes