A traditional chinese delicacy that brings back memories. Soft, fluffy and filled with goodness of fresh eggs, these Chinese Sponge Cakes are simply irresistible. Unbelievably simple to make too!
- 5 eggs
- 50 grams butter, melted
- 60 ml milk, room temperature
- 100 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 80 grams sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- First preheat oven to 180 degree C. Then line muffin pan with parchment paper.
- Separate yolks and whites of eggs. Add vanilla into egg yolks and whisk till combined. Then set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine melted butter and milk. Mix with a whisk. Then sieve in all-purpose flour. Continue to mix well.
- Add in the egg yolk mixture. Mix again till smooth and set aside.
- Next, beat egg whites in a clean mixing bowl with low speed until bubbles formed. Then, add sugar a little at a time (3 portions) and beat until stiff peaks formed.
- Then lightly fold the beaten egg whites in 3 portions into the egg batter. Pour the combined batter into the lined muffin pan till 3/4 full.
- Next, bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Lastly remove the baked sponge cake to cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve these super soft and fluffy chinese sponge cake for afternoon tea or anytime you desire. SO ENJOY!