Infused with warm Fall spices and swirled with a smooth and luxurious cream cheese topping, these sweet pumpkin muffins will be your absolute favorite pumpkin recipe.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree (Libbys preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two 12 cup muffin tins (24 total) with paper liners or lightly spray with non stick spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt with a whisk
- In another medium mixing bowl, combine canned pumpkin, yogurt, 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 2 whole eggs, and oil
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula to combine (do not over mix)
- Fill each cup ¾ of the way to the top.
- For the cream cheese topping, in a bowl, combine 8 oz room temp cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolk and vanilla
- Place a 1 teaspoon dollop of the cream cheese mixture on top of each batter filled cup
- With a toothpick, swirl the cream cheese into each muffin in a figure 8 pattern until slightly mixed
- Bake at 425 for 7 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 350 (do not open the oven door) and bake for 8-10 more minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After letting set for 5-10 minutes, remove from the muffin tins and let cool on a wire rack.