This Chocolate and Vanilla marble cake is so delicious and fun to make as well!
- Soft butter (for the tin)
- Breadcrumbs (for the tin)
- ¾ cup softened butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla sugar
- lemon zest (from an unwaxed lemon)
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Corn starch
- ⅜ cup milk
- 2 Tbsps cocoa powder
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), 375°F, gas 5. Brush the loaf tin with butter and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of lemon zest, then add the eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and cornflour and stir in, alternating with the milk, to form a smooth dough that holds together well.
- Put half of the mixture into the prepared tin. Stir the cocoa into the remaining mixture, adding a little extra milk if needed. Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the pale mixture and draw a fork through the two layers in a spiral. Bake in the oven for around 1 hour (cocktail stick test).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then turn out of the tin and cool completely. Serve cut into slices.