The pumpkin donut is a fluffy cake, perfect for autumn for breakfast. It can be prepared with both fresh pumpkin and frozen pumpkin.
- 400 g of pumpkin
- 180 g of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 90 g of seed oil
- 180 g of flour
- 150 g of potato starch
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 g)
- a pinch of salt
- 40 g of chopped almonds or other dried fruit (or chocolate chips)
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into not too small cubes, put them in already boiling water and continue to boil them for about 12 minutes, depending on the size of the cubes, until the pumpkin is well cooked and soft. It will be ready when you can easily insert a fork into the pieces of pumpkin, be careful not to overcook it otherwise it will all fall apart. The indicated cooking minutes are based on the use of fresh pumpkin, if using frozen pumpkin it will take a few more minutes.
- Drain the pumpkin and place it on a tray with absorbent kitchen paper and pat it dry as much as possible of the cooking water.
- Blend the boiled pumpkin in a mixer, you can also use an immersion mixer by pouring it into a tall, narrow mug, and set aside the puree obtained.
- In a planetary mixer, or in a bowl with an electric whisk, whisk the whole eggs, sugar and a pinch of salt for at least 5 minutes until everything is frothy.
- Add the flour, starch and baking powder well sifted and always mix with the electric mixer at low speed.
- Immediately after, add all the pumpkin puree obtained and the seed oil.
Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Grease and flour a 24 cm diameter ring-shaped pan, taking care to grease and sprinkle the inside of the mold hole well with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, level and sprinkle the surface with the grain, obtained from coarsely chopped almonds. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180° for about 30 minutes. Before taking it out of the oven, do the cooking test with a toothpick, as soon as the toothpick comes out clean, take it out of the oven, otherwise it will remain dry. Leave to cool, pass a small knife along the outer and inner edge of the mold and unmold.