This chiffon cake is made with oil which makes it super moist and the additional of cinnamon to this cake takes it over the moon.
- 4 egg yolks
- 30g/ 1Oz sugar
- 40ml cooking oil
- 40ml milk
- 70g/ 2.5Oz cake flour
- 5g cinnamon powder
- 1g baking powder
- Meringue: 4 egg whites + 55g sugar
- In a bowl, sift the cake flour, cinnamon powder and baking powder. Place egg yolks and sugar in another bowl, using a hand mixer, mix at high speed for a minute and a half.
- Add cooking oil in 2 additions, mix at medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition. Add milk and mix for 30 seconds.
- To make meringue: Place the egg whites in a bowl and add sugar in 2 additions, whip until glossy, stiff peaks form.
- Add the meringue in 3 additions, and mix well with a rubber spatula. Add flour mixture in 4 additions, and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in a chiffon cake pan and bake in a preheated the oven to 180°C, and bake for 20 minutes, then bake at 170°C for 10 minutes.
- When the cake is done, let it cool upside down on the flat surface for 1 hour before removing the cake from the pan and serving it.