Spicy Egg Curry is a delicious and wholesome main course recipe. If you love spicy curries, then today’s recipe would be just for you. It’s one of those simple egg curry recipes, use hard-boiled eggs for this recipe. This egg recipe that you can prepare using some easily available ingredients like eggs, tamarind paste, green chilies, ginger, mustard seeds, curry leaves, coconut milk with tomato-onion gravy.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 2-inch piece cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 2 serrano chilli peppers
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 13.5 ounces of coconut milk (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-boiled, shelled eggs, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry the mustard seeds, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom just until fragrant. Be careful not to scorch them.
- Add the onions and fry until lightly browned 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli peppers, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, ground fennel, curry leaves, and Kashmiri chili powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and ketchup and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cilantro.
- Carefully add the eggs, cut-side up, and simmer uncovered for another 3-4 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with your choice of naan, rice or biryani.