These meatballs are packed with flavor, with a lightness from the lemon, and easy to make, too.
- 2 oz bread tough crusts removed
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 oz arugula
- 1 oz parmesan finely grated
- 1 lemon zest ie from 1 lemon
- 1 lb ground pork pork mince
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon flour approx (for rolling)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying, approx, or more as needed
- Roughly break up the bread and place in a bowl with the milk. Leave to soak while you prepare the rest.
- Roughly chop the arugula and grate the parmesan. Finely grate the zest from the lemon.
- Place the ground pork in a bowl. Squeeze any excess milk from the bread then add the bread along with the chopped arugula, grated parmesan, lemon zest and egg to the pork. Season with a little salt and pepper then mix everything together well – using your hands generally works best.
- Take roughly tablespoon-sized scoops of the mixture and form into balls. Place in the fridge for around an hour to firm up before cooking.
- Once ready to cook, place some flour in a small bowl/plate then roll the meatballs in the flour to coat then gently shake off excess flour.
- Heat a skillet/frying pan with a little vegetable oil then add some of the meatballs with enough space in between so you can get in to turn them. Cook for a few minutes on 2-3 sides, depending on size and how cooked they look, until they are gently browned. Serve warm (although they would be good at room temperature as well).