Stay cool under the summer sun with this coconut milk ice cream recipe. Creamy coconut milk sweetened just right and churned into a chilled and creamy treat. You can also add toppings to personalize your ice cream!
- 1½ cups coconut milk, canned, plus ½ cup
- 1⁄3 cup sweetener of choice, sugar or maple syrup
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Ingredients for different flavors, optional
- In a bowl, add 1½ cups coconut milk, sweetener of choice, salt, vanilla extract, plus any ingredient desired.
- Mix well until combined.
- If an ice cream maker is available, churn mixture according to manufacturer’s instructions. Otherwise, freeze mixture in ice cube trays for 2 hours or until firm. Then blend frozen coconut mixture in a high speed blender.
- for a few more hours for a firmer texture or serve immediately. Enjoy!