The Super moist carrot cake is very simple to prepare and is always a success, thanks to the carrots which, with their natural sweetness, become the protagonists of sensational desserts
- 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (130g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light brown sugar (break up any clumps)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (348g) finely grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter two 9″ round cake pans, line with parchment paper, butter parchment paper, dust parchment paper with flour, shake out excess.* Line pans with water soaked cake strips if you have them.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer blend together vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in grated carrots just to evenly distribute. Divide mixture evenly into 2 prepared cake pans.
- Bake in preheat oven for 33 – 38 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes in cake pan, then run a knife around edges of cakes and invert into a wire rack to cool completely.