Raise your hand who doesn’t love plumcakes? They are so soft and fragrant, full of flavour, they are ideal for breakfast to start the day with energy and, above all, with a smile! And if they are rich in fruit like this butterless plumcake with yogurt and pears, your breakfast will become even tastier and more fragrant!
- 3 eggs
- 300 g of 00 flour
- 180 g of cane sugar
- 3 Emilia Romagna PGI pears – Abate Fetel variety
- 120 g of whole white yogurt
- ½ sachet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 ml of vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, a pinch of salt and the sugar with an electric whisk to obtain a light and frothy mixture. Gradually add the seed oil and yogurt, continuing to work for a few minutes.
- Then add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix with a spatula to obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture. Wash the pears and cut one or two into small pieces and one into slices. Keep this one aside for decoration.
- Add the diced pears to the mixture and mix well.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Alternatively you can butter and flour it well. Pour the mixture, leveling it well.
- Then add the pear slices on the surface of the cake without pressing too much.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180°C for about 45 minutes or at least until cooked through. Always do the toothpick test before baking. Let cool before enjoying!