These sweet and yummy pumpkin bread rolls are super yummy, fluffy and so easy anyone can make them at home.
- 4cups (480 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1cup (237ml) milk
- 1/2cup (113 grams) unsalted melted butter
- 1cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tsp cinnamon powder
- You will start by activating the yeast, in one cup of warm milk, add one tbsp of active dry yeast, mix it to combine then set it aside for the yeast to activate. You will need one cup of mashed pumpkin that has been boiled for about 30 minutes until tender.
- For the dry ingredients, add 4 cups of all-purpose flour in a large mixing bowl to that add half a teaspoon of salt, half a cup of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon powder. Mix the dry ingredients well until all the ingredients are well dispersed in the flour. Once the pumpkins have boiled, place them in a bowl and mash until you get a nice puree.
- In a clean bowl, add the yeast mixture then melted unsalted butter, vanilla extract for flavouring and the one cup of pumpkin puree. Using a whisk, mix until everything is nicely and well incorporated then gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, combine them until you get a nice sticky dough. You can also use a stand mixer when kneading the dough.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead it until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap then let the dough proof for about 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size. Transfer the dough into a clean surface and cut in into small balls for the rolls, alternatively, you can cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll each piece into a long strip then make braided pumpkin bread.
- This recipe should make about 15 rolls depending on the size of your rolls, roll each piece into a nice round shape then line them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover the rolls and let them rise again for 30 minutes until the balls have doubled in size. Once doubled in size, lightly brush them with milk which will give them a nice golden colour then bake the rolls in a 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 C) preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Brush them with melted butter once they are out of the oven to give them a nice glowy and soft texture. Serve these rolls with anything you want like soup or a beef stew during this Halloween season and enjoy with your family.