Amazingly fluffy & light egg cake recipe for any type of dessert.
- 4 eggs Whole eggs Large eggs
- 4.9 oz Granulated sugar
- 4.6 oz Cake flour
- 0.7 oz Milk or 4 tsp
- 1.4 oz Oil Any regular oils
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract (Optional)
- Preheat the oven: to 355 F | 180 C
- Prepare hot simmering water to warm eggs.
- Set up cake liners inside a pan. (Or you can coat a thin layer of butter, dust flour on top, and toss to remove excess.)
- Sift cake flour.
- (Combine milk, oil, and vanilla ahead.)
- Warm whole eggs and sugar with a water bath, constantly mixing until it feels comfortably warm like a baby bath.
- Whip whole eggs and sugar.Start whipping at high speed to make it fluffy. (Drop the batter with a whisk and check: It should flow slowly and the lines should stay on the surface.)Finish at low speed to make air bubbles smaller until it looks very shiny.
- Add cake flour and fold until you don’t see any flour.
- Add milk and oil and fold until everything is mixed evenly. The batter should flow smoothly when you drop it with a spatula.
- Pour into a pan right away and bake at 355 F | 180 C until the center bounces back very gently.for about 25-30 mins for 2 6’ pans and 30-35 mins for 1 8” pan.
- After it’s out of the oven, flip it and let it cool completely before slicing it.