A delicious lemon cake drizzled with lemon frosting before serving. It’s moist and buttery with a golden-brown crust.
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1g salt
- 100g sugar
- 100g Cake flour (All-purpose flour)
- 2g baking powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar powder
- Brush an 8 by 6.5 cm cake pan with butter then set the pan in the fridge for the coating to harden. Put a lemon in boiling water for a few minutes then cool it in cold water then start making the lemon sugar. Zest the lemon to a bowl of sugar and mix well then set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 100 grams of butter until really fluffy then add half of the sugar and lemon zest mixture and mix well until all the sugar is dissolved in the butter before adding the other half. Mix really well until the mixture is creamy and pale. In a small bowl, break in two eggs and add a pinch of salt and whisk it. Add the beaten egg into the butter mixture in small batches while creaming the mixture after each addition.
- Into the batter, sift in 100 grams of cake flour and 2 g of baking powder then use a spatula to fold the dry ingredients in the batter from top to up. Add 10 ml of lemon juice and continue to fold in the mixture until there are no lumps. Bring the mould that was buttered and kept in the fridge then pour in the batter and tap it a few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles trapped in the batter. Bake in a 338 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees C) preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cake cool for a few minutes then use a skewer to make small holes on the cake for the glaze. In a small bowl, juice in one lemon then add 1 tbsp of sugar then lightly mix it and then pour the glaze over the cake and the glaze will sip through the cake in the small holes that you made then let teh cake sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add 3 tbsp powdered sugar to that add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and mix until the sugar dissolves then remove the cake from the pan and glaze the cake with the lemon icing and serve. This cake is really soft and delicious, full of sweet lemon flavour.