A quick and easy recipe and if you prefer to give a different shape, the molds come in handy. Let’s go together to read the ingredients and procedure for this fantastic lemon plumcake with egg whites without butter.
- 350 g flour
- 220 g granulated sugar
- 6 egg whites (from medium eggs)
- 1 lemon zest only
- 1/2 lemon juice (filtered)
- 70ml sunflower oil
- 30ml Water
- 100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- Turn on the oven at 180° static.In the mixer glass put the sugar with the zest into small pieces taken from the lemon with a sharp knife, being careful not to include the white part of the zest because it is bitter; blend for a few minutes until the very fine sugar is mixed with the zest and the essential oil released.
- Pour the flavored sugar into a bowl and add the sifted flour with the baking powder, slowly pour in the oil and milk, mixing with the electric whisk at low speed, finally the filtered lemon juice.
- Separately, whip the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and add them to the mixture, mixing delicately from top to bottom.
- Brush the loaf pan with baking tray remover or line the mold with parchment paper.
Pour the mixture leveling it well, put it in the oven already hot and let it cook for about 55 minutes, at the end of the time do the toothpick test in the heart of the plum cake.
- Once cooked, unmold the plumcake onto a wire rack and let it cool completely. Remove the mold and if you like you can sprinkle the lemon plumcake with egg whites with icing sugar or serve it natural, it’s delicious!