This moist and fluffy vanilla cupcake recipe is everything you want a cupcake to be. Light and fluffy with lots of flavor in a little bite!
- 216 g cake flour
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk room temperature or slightly warm
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake tins with cupcake grease-proof liners.
- Sift Dry Ingredients in a bowl and then whisk until well blended.
- Whisk the Wet Ingredients in a separate bowl until well blended (make sure the egg and egg whites are fully incorporated).
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended
- Pour the melted salted butter over the batter and whisk just until the batter is well-blended, smooth and shiny.
- Scoop the cupcakes with a 2-ounce scoop or ¼ cup into prepared cupcake liners. Allow the scooped cupcakes to sit for 5-10 minutes before baking (this will give them a better rise).
- Bake on the middle or top rack (avoid bottom rack) of the preheated 325-degree oven for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 300 degrees.
- Set the timer for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until a toothpick or paring knife comes out mostly clean. A couple of moist crumbs on your knife are fine, but they shouldn’t look wet.