To start the day well, there is nothing tastier than the smell of coffee in the morning together with a nice slice of Classic Ring Cake.One of the desserts that our grandmothers used to prepare and that I particularly love because of its simplicity.
- 400 g of flour
- 300 g of sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- grated orange peel or orange flavoring (half vial)
- grated lemon peel or lemon flavoring (half vial)
- rum flavoring (a few drops)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 glass of milk (about 120 g)
- 1 glass of sunflower or peanut oil (about 120 g)
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- Turn on the oven at 180°C and immediately after we have to grease and flour the mold, dropping the excess flour.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and salt until they become light and frothy, then add the oil, milk and flavourings.
- Add the flour together with the sifted yeast and always with the whisk we mix well to obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the 24 cm mold that we have greased and floured and then put it in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes, always depending on your oven.
- To check the cooking, always do the toothpick test, which consists in inserting a wooden skewer in the center of the cake. If it is dry when pulled up, the cake is ready, but if it is dirty with dough or moist, it means that the cake still needs a few seconds to cook.
- And here it is our classic soft and fragrant ring cake. Let it cool and then it will be ready to be sliced!