Sponge finger biscuits is a simple recipe, prepared with simple ingredients, perfect in the morning in milk, in the afternoon in tea or at any other time even on their own, these Sponge finger biscuits have really won me over!
- 5 egg yolks
- 125g castor sugar
- 125g flour
- 125g icing sugar (90+35)
- 8 egg whites
- Before starting this Sponge fingers recipe, make sure you have organised all the necessary ingredients.
- Clarify the eggs and keep 5 egg yolks in a recipient.
- Mix the egg yolks with 125 grams of castor sugar and blanch by beating vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add the sifted flour and combine until the preparation has a homogeneous consistency.
- Whip up the egg whites until firm.The 8 egg whites should precisely make 1/4 litre. If necessary, you can either add or remove an egg. This will vary according to the size of the eggs.
- Halfway through the whisking process, add 90g of icing sugar and continue whipping until stiff.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue to the first preparation. Combine well with a whisk.
- Add the remaining meringue and gently combine, using a rubber spatula. The resulting mixture should be used right away.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium diameter plain nozzle. I recommend using a dough scraper.
- On a baking sheet lined with non-stick grease proof paper or a baking mat, pipe all the Sponge finger in one go. You may need to use 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 35 grams of icing sugar.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes at 180°C, in a preheated fan oven, then lower the temperature to 150°C and cook again for another 5-6 minutes (keep in mind that the surface should not darken but remain clear, golden only slightly).
- The Sponge finger biscuits are ready, let them cool before enjoying them.