Victoria sponge cake recipe is an easy vanilla sponge cake recipe, you can make them in less than an hour and can serve it plain or sandwiched with jam to make an easy sponge cake, or fill with buttercream for a happy birthday cake.
- 4 Large Egg Whites (120 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 120 grams Fine Sugar
- 4 Large Egg Yolks (72 grams)
- 120 grams Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 30 grams Oil (30 ml.)
- 40 grams Milk (40 ml.)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white
- Beat the egg whites.Add sugar little by little until it forms medium stiff peaks
- Beat the egg yolks and then add the rest of sugar,vanilla extract,milk and egg.
- Then add the flour and salt and sift in the powdered ingredients.Combine them to gether to form a smooth mixture.
- Add the egg white foam into this and fold in to form a uniform batter.Take care not to deflate the lovely airpockets that we have created.
- Our cake batter is now ready.
- Transfer this on to a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake @ 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes