Shortbread is a traditional Scottish butter cookie.Making it with butter gives it a richer, more flavorful finish.Vanilla bean paste is recommended because it mixes well with the dough and is very easy to use.
- Unsalted butter 100g
- Granulated sugar 45g
- salt 1/3 teaspoon (1g)
- vanilla bean paste 1/2 teaspoon
- cake flour 180g
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat with a whisk until it becomes creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and salt and mix well until it becomes white and fluffy. Add vanilla bean paste and mix.
- Add the sifted flour and mix with a rubber spatula. When the mixture is no longer powdery, press it into the bowl to mix. At the end, gather the dough with your hands until it comes together into a ball.
- Shape the dough into a stick, wrap it in plastic wrap, shape it into a square 6cm wide and 1.3cm thick, and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into 2cm wide pieces.
- Make patterns with a fork and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 160℃ for 25-30 minutes. Once baked, let it cool on a cooler and it’s done.